44% of Americans experience heartburn and acid reflux on a regular basis.
Acid reflux disease, or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), is a serious affliction affecting millions of Americans. With GERD's severe symptoms not always responsive to treatment, the result is often a poor quality of life. This welcome book is a comprehensive resource to crucial medical facts and coping mechanisms for those who suffer from this condition.
Information from the most recent scientific studies is included on such key topics as:
- Understanding the condition and its medical considerations
- Signs and symptoms
- Healthy eating habits
- Conventional medical treatments, including drug therapy, endoscopy, and surgery
- Effects on personal and family lifestyle
Since healthy eating is key to the management of acid reflux and GERD, the authors include 100 specially tailored recipes. These creative and tempting dishes are satisfying and delicious, and all will be well tolerated by those with acid reflux problems. They include:
- Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Chunky Tzadziki Spread
- Super Soothing Vegetable Stock
- Nonna Vertolli's Minestrone
- Baked Spinach and Rice Casserole
- Smoked Salmon Stuffed with Light Cream Cheese
Chronic hearthburn is a recurring problem affecting millions. For them, this encouraging book will be useful on a daily basis.
Author: Barbara Wendland, Lisa Ruffolo
Publisher: Robert Rose
Size: 9.96h x 7.10w x 0.65d
Payment by weight through FEDEX or DHL